Looking for a rabbit friendly veterinarian in Nashville?
We are excited to announce that we have been awarded Gold status by the Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF).
This is the highest possible endorsement awarded by the RWAF and signifies our commitment to providing the highest quality of care for rabbits.
Priest Lake Veterinary Hospital is the ONLY Gold level rabbit friendly practice in North America!
To achieve Gold Standard status, we had to meet a rigorous set of criteria, including:
- Having a dedicated rabbit waiting area: This ensures that rabbits are not stressed by being in the same waiting area as dogs and cats.
- Providing appropriate housing and enrichment for rabbits in our care: This means providing rabbits with a spacious enclosure that is safe and secure. Rabbits and other prey mammals are housed together away from predators such as dogs and cats.
- Having staff who are trained in rabbit care and welfare: This ensures that our staff have the knowledge and skills to provide the best possible care for rabbits. Our staff are regularly updated on the latest rabbit care practices and are committed to providing compassionate and humane care.
- Offering a range of rabbit-specific services: This means offering a variety of services that are tailored to the needs of rabbits. These services include spaying and neutering, dental care, vaccinations, and microchipping. We also offer a wide range of more advanced surgical procedures including abscess surgery, abdominal surgery, nasal and ear surgery, dental procedures like extractions, and just about any surgery your rabbit may require.
- Advanced Diagnostics: This ensures that your rabbit is able to receive the best diagnostics including: in-house blood work, x-rays, CT with our local specialty partner, and abdominal ultrasound. For more advanced testing, we work with numerous major labs throughout the country to allow for advanced diagnostic testing.
- After-hours care: We work closely with Veterinary Emergency Group to provide after-hours care for our critical patients. We work closely with the doctors of VEG to ensure that critical rabbits receive the best care when Priest Lake Veterinary Hospital is closed.
We are proud to be a RWAF Gold Level Practice and we are committed to continuing to provide our clients with the best possible care for their rabbits.
While Priest Lake Veterinary Hospital is recognized as the only Gold level rabbit friendly practice in North America, our goal is to also provide the highest quality of care for exotic companion mammals beyond rabbits. We are proud to offer our services to dogs, cats, guinea pigs, chinchillas, ferrets, rats, mice, hamsters, gerbils, degus, and sugar gliders.
More information about RWAF can be found here: https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/recommended-rabbit-friendly-vets/