Your Antioch veterinarian believes that a microchip may be the most important gift you ever give your pet.
Microchipping provides the peace of mind that you’ve given your pet the permanent, lifetime ID s/he needs for the best chance to come home.
Here’s what you should know about microchips. They:
- Do not hurt your pet – no more discomfort than a vaccination
- Do not require surgery – a simple one-time insertion with a syringe
How a microchip works to bring your lost pet home:
Your veterinarians in Antioch believe that a microchip is much more reliable than a collar and a tag because there is no chance it will fall off. The microchip is a permanent ID that links your pet to you.
Here’s how it works:
- The microchip is inserted with a simple injection. The HomeAgain microchip is designed to ensure it does not move.
- Then, your vet in Antioch will enroll your pet’s ID code along with your contact information. Enrolling is what makes it possible for your pet to be positively identified
- If you pet is taken to an animal shelter or clinic, the staff will scan the microchip to read its unique ID code
- The staff will then call the appropriate registry with your pet’s ID code
- As soon as your contact information is retrieved, you will be contacted and arrangements will be made to reunite you with your pet